Friday, September 29, 2017

Jeff McQuillan destroys intensive phonics with a few sentences

Letter sent to the Telegraph UK
Sept 28, 2017

Dear Sir:

Nick Gibb’s enthusiasm for the “reading revolution” (28 September) is misplaced. Evidence from a report by Stephen Machin and his colleagues from the London School of Economics (“Teaching to Teach” Literacy (2016)) shows that synthetic phonics instruction has little to no effect on reading scores by the time children reach Key Stage 2 (age 11). 

Their data are consistent with higher-quality, experimental studies that have found that phonics has a modest impact on reading scores initially, but no lasting impact in later grades. 

Jeff McQuillan, Ph.D.

Original article link:

See bit.ly/SyntheticPhonics for re-analysis of Machin data.



1 comment:

  1. PLEASE READ!!!
    Do not fall into the hands of scammers all in the name of investing in cryptocurrencies.

    I lost half of my life savings to one Mr Jerry from the USA. He promised to help me make profits every week then I started to invest with him and at the end I got nothing as profits.

    Thank God i came across Mr Anderson Johnny , Mr Anderson is a spanish lady base in U.K he helped me make good and reasonable amount of profits from cryptocurrency even as I write now I'm still doing business with him without having any fear in mind of losing my money because he always explain things to me in a way I understand the interesting part of them all is that he is into cryptocurrency investment and forex trading option.

    *stop giving your hard earned money to scammers!!!

    Contact Mr Anderson today he will give you all the info you need to know about cryptocurrencies and at the same time he can help you make life changing profits bit by bit Whatsapp Him : (+447883246472 )or Email: tdameritrade077@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete